Who doesn’t love a good noodle kugel? The trick is finding one you like that can accompany a meat meal. We spotted this one on a relative’s Facebook page, and immediately requested the recipe.
Alan’s Pineapple Upside Down Kugel
Yield: 24 squares
- 10 ounces medium broad noodles
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can pineapple slices, juices reserved
- Maraschino cherries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Cook noodles in salted water, until al dente (slightly underdone)
- Combine noodles with melted margarine, eggs, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and reserved pineapple juice.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a 9”x13” pan. Place 9 or 10 pineapple slices into pan, place a cherry in center of each slice, and sprinkle brown sugar over all.
- Pour noodle mixture over pineapple slices and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool kugel slightly. Place serving plate large enough to hold kugel over top of kugel pan. Hold pan and plate together, and turn to release kugel upside down onto plate.
- Serve warm.