Looking for an easy way to glamorize breakfast, or perhaps dessert? Look no further. These roasted strawberries fit the bill. Roast the berries until they turn soft and jammy, and then spoon over vanilla ice cream, pancakes, or French toast to wow your guests.
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 lb. strawberries, gently rinsed and hulled, larger berries halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- A generous pinch of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place all ingredients in a pyrex baking dish and gently toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes or longer, stirring occasionally, until berries have released their juices and are fork-tender. Add vanilla extract.
- Serve warm or cold over vanilla ice cream, pancakes, or French toast. Store refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.