Tuna and white beans are a classic Tuscan pairing. Add a lemony vinaigrette and you’ve got a light, cool salad packed with protein. Great for carrying to the office, or a luncheon buffet.
Tuscan Tuna and White Bean Salad
Yield: 4 main course servings
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna packed in oil
- 3 cups drained and rinsed canned white beans, preferably cannellini (from two 15-ounce cans)
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Put the tuna with its oil, the beans, scallions, capers, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Marinate two hours before serving.