Looking for an easy-to-make yet elegant treat to put out on the table for company? These spiced candied pecan are the perfect candidate. They aren’t hard to make, look great in a candy dish, and taste delish. Not to mention, they keep forever, in a tightly closed mason jar.
Spiced Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Whisk the egg white and water together in a large bowl until foamy. Stir in the sugar mixture and toss the pecans in this egg white and sugar spice mixture until they are evenly coated. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir the pecans and spread into a single layer. Continue to bake, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, or until pecans are evenly browned, from 30 to 50 minutes.
- After cooling, store in a cool place in a tightly closed mason jar. The pecans will stay fresh for 1-2 months.