Tabouli, the famous Middle Eastern bulgur salad, is a great way to get more greens and whole grains into your diet, mostly because it tastes amazing. With warmer weather upon us, tabouli’s cool flavors, packed as it is with mint and parsley, delight the palate after the heavier food of winter. Whether you serve it as a salad or main course, tabouli is guaranteed to be gobbled with gusto by all. Bonus: the salad looks beautiful on a buffet table, too.
Tabouli: Middle Eastern Bulgur Salad
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup each chopped parsley and green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons each olive oil and lemon juice
- Rinse bulgur in strainer under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Soak bulgur in cold water for one hour. Strain to remove any remaining liquid.
- Combine bulgur with parsley, green onion, mint, chopped tomato, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Season with salt to taste.