Frozen cauliflower presents a problem on a Friday when you haven’t thought things out—or even when you have. Despite the “best laid plans of mice and men” sometimes we are caught unawares by a sudden Simcha or other event, and simply forgot that bag of cauliflower still in the freezer, waiting to be cooked. Well, today’s your lucky day, because here’s an astonishingly good side dish you can make with cauliflower, straight out of your freezer: roasted cauliflower with a light coating of garlicky bread crumbs.
Roasted Frozen Cauliflower au Gratin
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil
- Place the frozen cauliflower on the baking sheet, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, and toss cauliflower to distribute the oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko and garlic salt
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with the crumb mixture, allowing some of the crumbs to fall onto the surface of the pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast cauliflower for 15 minutes, undisturbed. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Roast for approximately 15 minutes, without turning, until cauliflower is beginning to brown in spots.
- Taste for seasoning. Sprinkle top with salt to taste, if necessary.