We recently spent a wonderful Shabbos with family. Our hostess made her special fudgy brownies, and when I asked for the recipe, I was shocked at how easy they were to make. That’s when I knew I just had to share the recipe here.
Yield: 12 or more servings
- 9 oz. chocolate chips
- ¾ cup canola or other neutral oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Reserve one scant handful of chocolate chips, set aside.
- Place remaining chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, and then stir with a wooden spoon. Repeat until chocolate chips are melted.
- Add eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and flour. Beat until well mixed.
- Turn batter into square 8×8-inch pan and sprinkle with the chocolate chips
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 1 hour, then place the pan of brownies in freezer until frozen.
- Cut brownies into squares, and store in refrigerator.
Note: These brownies are very rich, and a very small square suffices for a serving. Feel free to cut into smaller squares.