Feeling lazy, like you don’t want to cook after a long, hard day at work? Sloppy Joes are easy to put together and well loved by all. Serve with a side of coleslaw and some potato chips and you’re done.
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. Kosher ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- A dash or two of Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 6-8 hamburger buns plain or toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Raise heat to high, add ground beef, and cook, breaking up beef with a spatula, until meat is browned and no more pink remains.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well and continue to cook until heated through.
- To serve: place open hamburger bun on large plate and spoon on the meat mixture. Close the bun and serve with a side of coleslaw and some potato chips.