Remember that series of books? Windows for Dummies, and etc.? Someone needs to do that for cooking, especially since we just came out of Shabbos followed by a two-day holiday. Cooking for 3 days?? On top of work and caring for children????? Yikes.
So yeah. We need a break from all that cooking. We’re BURNT. OUT.
To that end, here’s an easy-peasy cauliflower recipe that’s so easy to make I call it “Cauliflower Kugel for Dummies.” And you’re no dummy if you cook this yummy kugel for your family with Shabbos coming again before you know it. Their jaded palates will sing your praises, while you smile, knowing it was as easy as anything to make
Cauliflower Kugel for Dummies
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Thaw cauliflower in its package in the fridge overnight
- Poke a hole in the bag and let the liquid drain into the sink, shaking the bag to redistribute until no more liquid comes out
- Put cauliflower into food processor, pulse 5 times, then let food processor run until cauliflower is finely chopped
- Add eggs, onion soup mix, and mayonnaise to food processor, run for 8 seconds
- Pour mixture into greased, 8×8 inch square pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown