I know, I know. Another thinly disguised low carb high fat recipe. But if you’ve been reading the mystery, low carb is all she wrote. Look: I lost 60 pounds on this diet (no pix, sorry), and now it’s a way of life that’s been touted by such august writers as Gary Taubes. I’ve no intention of going off it.
But it’s not easy to be on this diet and keep kosher at the same time. Food boredom constantly threatens to sabotage me, and real food requires real time spent in the kitchen on food preparation. The good news is that I am loving this food and so is my family.
Here is a side dish you’ll love.
Low Carb High Fat Garlic Zoodles and Coodles
Yield: 3 generous servings
- 3 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup rendered beef fat (tallow)
- Spiralize the zucchini with a spiralizer
- Place in colander and sprinkle liberally with salt, let sit 20 minutes
- While the zucchini drains, spiralize the two carrots, add to zucchini in colander
- Blot vegetables dry between double layers of paper toweling
- Melt tallow over medium high heat in wide skillet
- Add zucchini, carrots, and minced garlic. Saute 4-5 minutes until just tender, but still retains its bite (al dente)
- Serve hot