Don’t we all want a recipe that’s fast, uses few ingredients, and even fewer pots and pans? Especially when it’s a dish that everyone in your family will love—except for those who absolutely hate chicken. “Where can I find such a recipe,” I hear you asking.
Right here, of course!
5-Ingredient Coconut Chicken Curry
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds (24 oz.) boneless chicken thighs (can substitute chicken breasts)
- 1 ¼ can of coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons red schug (Yemenite hot sauce)
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rub chicken thighs with 2 teaspoons schug. Set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and remaining 2 teaspoons of schug to hot oil. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, cook for 2 minutes. Turn chicken, reduce heat to medium low, and add coconut milk. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Place skillet in oven. Bake chicken for 15 minutes.
- Taste sauce for seasoning, adding salt to taste.
- Serve hot.