It’s not so easy to find a good carrot cake recipe. This one is moist and easy to make. That’s why I always make enough to put some in the freezer. The recipe below makes three loaf cakes: one to eat right now, and two to put in your freezer.
Yield: 3 loaf cakes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind, grated finely, yellow part only
- 3 or more tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix sugar and oil. Add dry ingredients. Mix in carrots, then add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cover cake with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover cake and continue baking for 40 more minutes.
- Cool cakes on cake racks
- When cakes are cool, mix powdered sugar with lemon rind and enough lemon juice to make desired consistency for an icing. Use to ice cakes.