Looking for a simple main course for your holiday table? Look no further than this sweet and savory chicken dish that requires no special culinary skills to come out perfect, every time you make and serve it. It’s sweet enough to qualify as a Rosh Hashanah main while savory enough to please those who don’t really care for sweet with meat.
Chicken with Honey, Lemon, and Mustard Glaze
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 broiler-fryer, cut into 6-8 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Broil until light golden brown on both sides.
- Mix mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Place chicken skin side up in baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken, brushing to coat any bare spots.
- Bake chicken at 325°F for one hour. Serve hot.