Garlicky parve scalloped potatoes may just be the answer to your dilemma of which kind of potatoes to make this Shabbos, when you’re exhausted by the thought of making mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, or potato kugel even one more time. This recipe was on a sack of potatoes and I adapted it to our own needs until today it is the perfect side dish for chicken, salmon, or meat. Just see if you can keep your family away from them before serving time!
Garlicky Parve Scalloped Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large thin-skinned potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 2 small disposable pans
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Peel potatoes, slice thinly.
- Layer potatoes in small, greased, disposable aluminum pan, sprinkling with garlic, and plenty of olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme between the layers.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover pan and continue to bake, uncovered, until golden brown.
- Placing second empty pan on top of potatoes, hold pans together and carefully—pans will be hot—drain off excess olive oil over sink.
- Serve hot.