We’re always looking for a new salad to add to our repertoire, especially in summer. This cool and creamy broccoli salad, fits the bill with its light tangy dressing, with just a hint of sweetness from the honey and craisins. It holds up well in the fridge for a day or so (see serving note), which is a nice bonus.
Creamy Broccoli Salad
Yield: 6 as a side or salad course
- 1 medium broccoli head, checked for bugs
- 1 medium cauliflower head, checked for bugs
- ¾ cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- ½ cup almond slices
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Peel the broccoli stems, cut off the dry base of the stem. Separate into small florets and chop stems. Place in salad bowl.
- Remove cauliflower core, dice the rest. Place in salad bowl.
- Toast almonds on a dry skillet over medium high heat, tossing frequently, until golden. Cool. Add to salad bowl, along with craisins. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Pour over salad, and toss lightly, until just mixed.
Serving note: If you won’t be serving this for a day or so, reserve the almonds and add just before serving to retain their nutty crunch.