Looking for a lunch you can take to work or on the run? This tuna and white bean salad fits the bill, offering you a walloping dose of protein to keep you perky at your desk, all day long. Of course, it also tastes good, which is the main concern with any salad you can name, right?
Tuna and White Bean Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cans of tuna packed in olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans of cannellini or Great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Enough extra virgin olive oil to moisten
- Drain tuna, combine with rest of ingredients.
- Taste and add more lemon juice and salt as needed to taste.
- If salad seems dry, add some olive oil to taste.
- Chill and serve.
Note: This salad keeps well, and will last for several days, refrigerated.