Tu B’Shvat, the Jewish new year of the trees, is today. Here’s an easy treat you can make (and eat) with your kids that celebrates the main star of this Jewish arbor day, the almond.
White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 cup almonds (blanched, whole)
- 16 ounces white chocolate
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Set almonds aside to cool. Heat white chocolate in microwave, stopping every 10 seconds to stir, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir the toasted almonds into the white chocolate.
- Spread mixture on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate candy until firm.
- Break into irregular pieces.
- Store in covered container.
Makes 1 1/2 pounds.