There I was at a Sukkah party, when I mentioned needing apricot nectar for one recipe and being unable to find it for love or money, when a woman said she finds a certain brand, and uses it in a cake she makes regularly, like every single week.
I knew right away I wanted that recipe. If it’s so good she makes it every week and no one gets sick of it? Got to be fabulous.
The next day, I messaged her on Facebook, and she gave me the recipe, and yup! It was a winner
Gail’s Apricot Bundt Cake
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 2 Tablespoons apricot nectar
- 1 cup (100 grams) confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180 C).
- In a small bowl mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with 1 ½ cups sugar.
- Heavily coat a bundt pan with baking spray. Coat the inside of the pan with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Set the rest aside.
- Beat oil, eggs, and 2 cups sugar. Add flour, baking powder, and apricot nectar. Mix together to form a batter.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over batter. Pour another 1/3 of the batter and again sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (you will have some left over).
- Pour remaining batter over cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes and turn out onto a cake plate.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
Mix ingredients and drizzle slowly over cake.